|Crafts & Hobbies Information|
How to Make Your Own Soap Favors for Weddings and Baby Showers
Want to make soap as a gift for your party guests? Here are some simple tips for making soap gifts and favors:
1. There are literally hundreds of different ingredients that can be used for soap making. Basically, you will need the following - soap chips or soap base, essential or fragrance oil for scent, and colorants. You will also need a soap mold and a pot to melt the soap in.
2. The easiest way to make soap is to take an already made bar of soap and melt it down. The bar will already have all the ingredients you need in it. You can then pour the soap into a mold of your choice or shape it as desired. Or you can use a cookie cutter or knife to shape it while it is still warm.
3. If you are using raw ingredients, simply pour and mix them in the mold of your choice.
4. Heating - Make sure to heat the soap slowly to prevent combustion or degradation of smell. 130°F - 155°F is a good general range, although there are slight variations depending on what ingredients you use. Try not to leave the soap unattended for long periods of time while heating.
5. Scent - You won't need too much fragrance oil to scent your soap because scented oil is generally highly concentrated and strong. 0.5-1oz of oil is sufficient to scent a whole pound of soap. The amount you use will depend on the strength of the oil, which varies based on the scent. Mix the oil in with the soap while heating.
6. Coloring - Once again, you will probably not need to much coloring agent. Add a few drops at a time and watch the color change.
7. Mold selection - You can select molds that are themed to your occasion or just use a standard bar mold. For weddings, angels, hearts, and wedding cakes are popular shapes. For baby showers, baby carriages, bottles, and Disney characters are some common themes. The soap can also be carved. If you use a standard bar mold, you can still add personalized themed tags.
8. Finishing touches - After your soap is made, seal it inside a cellophane bag, organza bag, or gift box. Add a favor charms, personalized tag, and message and you have a nice favor for your guest.
Generally, you will want soaps that are 1oz - 3oz in size. These gifts will be used by your guests and are a simple, but effective way to say thank you.
Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. See Baby Shower Soap Favors for more soap favor ideas and Make Your Own Baby Shower Favors for other related baby shower supplies.
Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits and resource box remain in tact and the hyperlinks are active.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Jewelry Insurance - Hints and Tips So You Dont Get Ripped Off
As crime and drug use increases, the risks involved in having Antique and Estate Jewelry just lying around your home seem to treble. It becomes a nightmare and you find you are just not sure what to do.
Rubber Stamps - For Teachers and Students
Once again we are reminded that summer is not long enough. It is the beginning of another back to school shopping season.
Why Chainmaille Jewelry Craft
Jewelry is very prevalent, but jewelry that directly compliments your personal style or makes your statement for you perfectly is not prevalent. Find out some ways this is so with chainmaille jewelry.
Capturing the Craft Show Market
Finding the right product to sell at a craft show is extremely important in finding success on the craft show circuit. You may already have an excellent craft product or line of products you are creating or even selling, or you may be looking for a craft to produce in order to enter the business.
How to Invest in Antique, Vintage, or Modern Jewelry
As Antique Jewelry is 'Really' based on the 'Collectability' and Style of an item, it is hard for clients to appreciate the 'Craft' involved in Handmade work, as they only see the Gold value or Diamond Value fluctuate over the years.If Gold goes up or the older something gets, the value increases, right?No.
What Do I Need to Start Scrapbooking?
The best thing about scrapbooking is that although there are a plethora of scrapbooking supplies available on the market, you really don't need a lot to make your very first scrapbook. Basically, all you need to scrapbook is an album, some glue, a pair of scissors, and some photographs or newspaper clippings.
Wax Pencils, Stickers, and Rubber Stamping in Your Scrapbooks
Another important writing implement for scrapbooking is a wax pencil. Wax pencils are soft pencils designed to write on glass, plastic and photographs.
Choose From A Wide Variety Of Off Road RC Trucks To Play In The Dirt
Are you tired of driving your cars only on the road? Are you looking to get a little bit dirty? Or even a lot dirty? If you need a change from RC street racing, it is time to go off-road with the extreme off-road RC trucks. With a large variety of RC trucks to choose from, there is something for everybody, and every skill level.
Genealogy / Family History
One huge advantage of knowing about family history is that sometimes it can help you to trace and pinpoint occurrences of illness.My father and two of my brothers had all died of heart attacks at a fairly young age.
Starting Your Own Scrapbook Club
Before I discovered the world of scrapbooking, I was inexplicably drawn to my local office supply store. I loved to stand in an aisle surrounded by the different colors of copy paper.
Make Your Own Lampshades
When redecorating your room, you may be faced with looking for new lampshades (or perhaps a lampshade you currently have has gotten damaged). So why not make your own!If your lamp currently has a lampshade on it, half of the battle is already won! You have a base to start building your new shade.
Using Your Dogs Hair
Dog hair (called chiengora)can be spun into yarn, much like sheeps's wool, alpaca, or any other animal fiber. The process is the same.
A Brief History of Japanese Daruma Dolls
Daruma dolls are representations of the historical Indian priest Bodhidharma, a sage who traveled throughout Japan and China in the 5th or 6th century AD. Bodhidharma is credited with establishing Chan Buddhism in China and Zen Buddhism in Japan.
Build Your Own Bar Stool (In An Afternoon)
Bar stools are as important as the best wine in your bar. It is said that if you don't get a good stool to sit on, you won't enjoy the drink.
Lighted Holiday Potpourri Jars
Lighted potpourri jars are a festive addition to any holiday decor. They are inexpensive, easy to make, and make great hostess gifts.
An Interesting Look at the Cuban Cigar
Even most non-cigar smokers have heard some of the lore surrounding the Cuban cigar. Long revered as the finest and best tasting brands in the world, they have traditionally been extremely difficult to procure.
How to Make Your Own Soap Favors for Weddings and Baby Showers
Want to make soap as a gift for your party guests? Here are some simple tips for making soap gifts and favors:1. There are literally hundreds of different ingredients that can be used for soap making.
Antiques From Europe...Is It Really The Goose That Layed the Golden Egg?
Many dealers and auctioneers have been bringing container loads of antiques from Europe for years now. The lure of getting "fresh to the market" antique furniture and "smalls" is something that can bring renewed excitement back into your antique business.
Scrapbooking Yourself as an Individual, Homemaker, Worker, and More
From age 25 onwards, our grand adventure has just unfolded as we embrace adulthood.Here's where you experienced first-hand the lessons of life and be prodded along to grow up in the face of challenges.
How to Make Quilted Silver Beads
After making the leaf bead, I was impressed with the detail made possible by the metal clay. Therefore, I decided to use the same technique but create a different look.
|home | site map|