Ten Low-Cost Ways to Look Good for Your Man (and for Yourself!)
Face it ladies; the reason you want to look nice is to attract the opposite sex. And let's also face the fact that most men do not even notice half the things you spend your hard-earned cash on in the name of looking good for them. Whether you're a swinging single, have a boyfriend, or even a couple of boyfriends, you can still turn heads without blowing your entire paycheck on self-maintenance. Here are ten tips.
1. Grow your hair long. Forget the stacked and sprayed look, girls. Men want long, luxuriant locks that they can run their fingers through and maybe even give a gentle tug on once in a while to pay homage to their inner caveman. Save your money on expensive haircuts. Instead, have a friend trim those tresses at home (or do it yourself). Split ends are never in style no matter what look you're sporting.
2. Cut your hair short. I know; I just told you to grow it and now I'm saying cut it. If you're one of those pixie-face girls with milky skin and great shoulders who can leave the house wearing no makeup and still look hot... chop it all off! You're naturally feminine and can get away with it. Keep the hair goop to a minimum. Again: the idea here is soft and natural.
3. Put on a skirt. If you're married or have been dating the same guy for a while, you know the Skirt Reaction. It usually involves appreciative murmurs, spontaneous affection, and umm... well, I don't need to explain further, do I? Your skirt doesn't have to be Neiman Marcus. A denim mini that you paid 14 bucks for can look just as nice as whatever the models are sporting in your copy of Vogue, if you dress it up in just the right way.
4. Exfoliate. Ditch the foundation, ladies. Your boyfriend doesn't apply beige paint to his face every time he leaves the house and neither should you. Face makeup looks unnatural, and I'll bet your man would say it tastes kinda funny, too. Instead, pick up a tube of exfoliant for less than four bucks (it will last you at least five months). Scrub with it every four days or so, and you'll be bright, rosy and cheeky as a schoolgirl. If you're concerned about oil, buy a translucent powder compact at the Rite Aid and apply as necessary.
5. Paint your toenails and fingernails yourself. Do you actually pay other people to do your nails? Shame, shame. Manicures and pedicures rank high on the list of things Men Couldn't Care Less About. Professional French Manicure, Pink Piggies Done at Home or even Naked Nails... it makes no difference to him. Save your money and have a finger-and-toe-painting party with a girlfriend or two. Also, forget the Lee Press-On look. Teradactyl talons are terribly tacky. Go with short-to-medium length, natural and "non-scary" nails.
6. Neaten up those eyebrows. No "miracle lipstick" in the world is going to make a difference if your eyebrows look like two caterpillars curled up and died on your forehead! Eyebrow artillery: sharp trimming scissors, a good pair of tweezers. Step 1: brush eyebrow hair upward. Step 2: Trim straight across. Step 3: pluck stray hairs and define arches - and please don't overdo it! Think Jennifer Aniston, not Bette Davis.
7. Avoid the Lumpy Look. The lumpy look occurs when your clothes are too tight. If the jeans are too small, find a top with tummy coverage. If you're spilling over the bra cups, camoflauge with a thicker fabric shirt or sweater. The Lumpy Look is a semi-emergency situation that demands action. Either hit the stores for a bigger size, or get on Weight Watchers ASAP because girl, you're in trouble.
8. Eyes or Lips - not both. The key to being tastefully attractive is downplaying one feature while up-playing another. If you decide to go with smoky baby blues, then opt for bare or clear lips that day. To show off your perfect pucker, select a nice flattering shade of lipcolor. Paint inside the lines (this is important - no man likes the Rodeo Clown look) and leave the eye makeup to a bare minimum. This same theory applies to your clothing. Legs on display? Cover up the belly. Cleavage peeking out? Hide that junk in the trunk.
9. Forget the tanning bed. Yes, fake tanners, we are all talking about how silly you look behind your back. Keep up the year-round tanning, and in five years you'll resemble a Ball Park hot dog that's been on the grill for far too long. Tan in a bottle is no better, especially with those telltale brown creases behind your knees. Do your skin a favor and keep tanning to the summer months.
10. Feel good about yourself, and smile! By far the best way to be attractive is to actually FEEL attractive. If you're smiling and in a great mood, you'll be naturally sexy no matter what you're wearing. Put on your favorite tunes, go hang out with your best pals, get some fresh air and do the things you enjoy most in life. Real beauty comes from within, and has a lot more to do with the gleam in your eye and the spring in your step than an expensive haircut or anti-aging cream. So, let it all hang out, be yourself and be happy about it. After all, you're one of a kind... and that's pretty attractive!
Dina Giolitto is a copywriting consultant and ghostwriter with 10 years of experience writing corporate print materials and web content. Trust her with your next e-book, article series or web project, and make a lasting impression on your audience of information-hungry prospects. Visit http://www.wordfeeder.com for more information.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
The Truth About Home Made Facials
I started making facial masks after reading several books on natural cosmetics. Common ingredients used in home made facials are eggs, lemon, milk, honey, cucumber, tomato, essential oils and lots more fruits, herbs and other ingredients.
Do You Really Need To Wear A Moisturizer?
You just may be able to get away without using a moisturizer."Not everyone needs or should use a moisturizer, especially women with oily, combination, or acne-prone skin!" Paula Begoun, author of Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, writes on her website.
Mexican Living: Haircuts, Doctors, and Things
There is a universal, absolute, immutable, infrangible, and inviolable fact of the universe (like gravity and bad breath) that one rarely considers: No matter what you tell your haircut person (notice how nonsexist that was) about how you want your hair cut it will NEVER come out the way you want it, EVER!You will get the haircut the person who is cutting your hair wants to give you.This has always been true since Adam first asked Eve to cut his hair and it came out looking like the raccoon he just named.
The Perfect Sun Tanning Bed
The perfect sun tanning bed can mean different things to different people.The perfect sun tanning bed can be one found at the tanning salon.
Options Available for Cosmetic Surgery in India
Medical Tourism is a new and developing concept worldwide and one of the major surgeries for which patients opt for Medical Tourism is Cosmetic Surgery, and what better place to get this done than India. Advantages include low cost, no waiting lists and a high quality holiday.
7 Tips to Help You Avoid Buying a Destructive Soap or Cleanser if You Have a Skin Problem
Psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, and any other skin problems are irritated very easily by most soaps. As a former psoriasis sufferer I would estimate I tried at least 30 different soaps hoping that would cure my psoriasis.
Your Skin can Speak Volumes
Everyone dreams of having skin that is healthy, smooth and radiant. This state of skin perfection would have to derive from proper and attentive care.
Make Those Brown Eyes Blue
Are you one of these people that were born with brown hair and brown eyes, but you always wanted to have blue eyes and blond hair? Color contact lenses and a little hair dye can accomplish this quickly. Eyes that are brown have more melanin in the iris than lighter colored green or blue eyes.
Short Hair Style? Make It Stylish, Sexy, and Chic
In all of its transformations and variations, the short hair style has always been numbered at the top of the list when it comes to versatility, style and manageability. No other style catches the eye quite like the short hair style and no other style makes the wearer look as professional, chic and sexy as the short hair styleShort hair styles worn by women are a fairly new style trend when compared with women's hair styles in general.
Unpowered Color Contacts - An Optical Illusion
Gone are the days when contact lenses were the domain of the visually impaired. Unpowered color contacts mean that everyone can participate in the grand optical illusion - special effects contact lenses.
Abdominoplasty: Types of Procedures
Abdominoplasty, commonly known as a tummy tuck, is a major surgical procedure for men and women generally in good shape and health but who have large fat deposits around their abdomen or have and excess of loose skin. Abdominoplasty can reduce protruding abdominal fat but it does leave a lengthy, permanent, sometimes visible scar that runs the length of the hipbones.
Spray Tan Basics
I miss summer! I think I suffer from season depression disorder (and it's only November). You know what would make me feel better? A healthy glow! No, I don't want to be one of those tanning booth tanorexics.
Buying A Wholesale Tanning Bed
The tanning industry is showing no signs of stopping. If you ever wanted to open a tanning salon, now is the time to buy wholesale tanning beds.
Dental Implants in New York
With many well-known specialists living and working in the area, seeking dental implants in New York can be a relatively painless process.The process of inserting a dental implant not only will eliminate the problem of tooth loss or decay, but it can also restore that beautiful smile you longed for, giving you back the confidence you might missed.
Mini Dental Implants in the U.S.
The concept of mini dental implants is a revolutionary method for supporting replacement teeth that used very small titanium alloy implant screws that would function free standing or in combination with natural tooth supports. The concept was pioneered over 20 years ago by a Dr.
What is the Real Price of a Spray Tan?
Looking tanned is such a great feeling, isn't it?There are three methods of getting that feeling.1.
What Are Pigtails?
There really isn't a huge debate on this subject, but there are some differences of opinion. This article looks at some of the differing opinions related to pigtails hairstyle definition, attempts to find some middle ground (perhaps unsuccessfully), and closes with this author's own definition and description of the ideal pigtails.
Miracle Spa In The Palm of Your Hands!
Dermaglow Miracle Spa, is a NEW range of organic and natural home products that wrap your skin in a luxurious spa sensation. Developed by leading pharmacist Calvin Davies founder of Vital Science skin health in Canada, this exclusive range combines gentle Dead Sea salts and sea mineral exfoliants in delicate blends of the finest essential oils.
Essential Oils Slow The Signs of Time From Your Skin
I enjoy pretty scents, don't you? I love working with fragrance so much that I make my own scented lotions, facial scrubs, massage oils, room sprays and more, using essential oils and the proper unscented carrier. My tastes have always run to the sweet floral aromas of jasmine, ylang ylang, rose, lavender, neroli and combining them with the citrus tones of orange, bergamot, lemongrass, lemon, lime and grapefruit.
Cost of Non Prescription Color Contacts
Cost of non prescription color contacts can vary quite a bit depending on where you buy them. If the cost of non prescription color contacts is an issue for you, check around before you buy.
|home | site map|