17 Top Tips for Great Holiday Hair
When you are away from home in a different climate your hair will be subjected to weather it is not used to.
Your hair needs to be protected in the same way that you do with your skin. UV rays are very harmful to your hair affecting the pigment, strength, shine and vitality.
For your skin you take with you cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen and after-sun lotions so for your hair take shampoo, conditioner, hair sunscreen and styling products.
1. Cold temperatures weaken your hair and susceptible to damage. Flyaway hair tends to be subject to static. Hair should be well conditioned and protected by wearing a hat.
2. If you have frizzy hair use a leave-in conditioner and take a deep moisturizing mask with you on holiday. All hair types will benefit from using a heat protection spray and serum to keep the elements out and keep the moisture in.
3. Hair expands just like it does when it is wet in a humid climate. This will make your hair fluffy or if it is curly, frizzy.
4. For all hair types, a pre-holiday deep conditioning treatment is a must to nourish the hair and seal the cuticles, as you want to prevent excess moisture from entering the hair shaft.
5. If you have fine hair use a light leave-in conditioner from mid-way down the hair to the ends and use a serum to seal the ends after blow-drying, being careful not to overdo the serum on fine hair.
6. If you have curly and/or frizzy hair then you need to seal the cuticle (the outside of your hair) to minimize the additional frizziness that results in humid weather.
7. Use a leave-in conditioner very morning. Use an anti-frizz serum to coat and seal the cuticle.
Hot and dry climate
8. The sun strips the hair of its natural oils and dry heat increases this effect. UV rays attack your hair and the resulting free radicals damage the hair. The weakened cuticle causes the hair to become dehydrated, allows the bleaching and fading of the color pigment as well as split ends.
9. To protect your hair 100% from sun damage wear a hat!
10. Deep conditioning your hair before your holiday is essential.
11. If you have fine hair use a wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and use a light leave-in conditioner with UV protection. Use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.
12. If you have curly hair use a moisturizing shampoo and a leave-in conditioner to minimize dryness. Apply a nourishing hair mask whilst you are away to deep condition your hair. Use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.
13. If you have frizzy hair use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.Use a rich leave-in conditioner with UV protection each morning and apply a hair mask every other day during the holiday.
14. When you have been swimming in the sea always wash the salt out afterwards.
15. Chlorine from the swimming pool is extremely damaging when combined with the effects of the sun, wet your hair in the shower before hand and protect your hair with a leave-in conditioner preferably one containing a UV filter. Wash your hair thoroughly after swimming.
16. Hair grips and bands are an extremely useful item to have on holiday and offer a quick-fix solution for hair care problems.
17. Don't forget your travel plug to ensure that you can still use your hairdryer and other electric hairstyling equipment whilst abroad.
Copyright © Skye Irwin, Haircare-made-easy.com, 2005 This article is copyrighted. Please feel free to use it in it's entirety including copyright information and information about the publisher. Skye Irwin operates the website HairCare Made Easy, you can get her Hair Care Made Easy book from http://www.haircare-made-easy.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Shangri-La chefs share top Chinese recipes and drinks pairings in cookbook - South China Morning Post
Look Younger with Antioxidant
What does Antioxydant have to do with anti-aging? You might not think in the first place that Antioxydant has a great benefit to prevent early aging. Furthermore, you might not be aware of what Antioxydant is and how it is also beneficial for your health.
Commercial Tanning Beds: An Overview
Commercial tanning beds come in two basic formats. Horizontal tanning beds are the tanning beds you most often see in both residential and commercial settings.
A Colorless Spray Tan? What the...
For months now I've had a steady stream of tanners coming into my spray tanning salon and leaving 10 minutes later with the colour of their skin in no way different from the one that they came in with.Yet, they come again and again.
A Crazy Life and Pimples
The factors contributing to acne breakouts are many. Hormonal influences, environmental conditions, and stress can lead to the noticeable red inflammation that occupies our face, chest, and backs to various degrees.
Make Those Brown Eyes Blue
Are you one of these people that were born with brown hair and brown eyes, but you always wanted to have blue eyes and blond hair? Color contact lenses and a little hair dye can accomplish this quickly. Eyes that are brown have more melanin in the iris than lighter colored green or blue eyes.
Lens Materials Found On Sunglasses
Did you know that there are multiple types of lens materials used on glasses of all types? Most people would give you a blank stare if asked about some of the names below. It's true; glass isn't the only stuff in town.
What Causes Aging?
Although we experience the aging process as a progressive physical deterioration of our bodies, the aging process, according to some preliminary case studies appears to be more easily understood at another level of our being.This is what is called the energy bio-field level.
The Exotic Origins of Hyaluronic Acid Treatments
While hyaluronic acid has exploded in popularity among the cosmetics community, most people are unaware of the molecule's exotic history.Hyaluronic acid, also known as HA, naturally plays an important role in tissue hydration and lubrication.
Makeup Tips for Eyes, Lips and Face
When I hit my 30's, I decided to get more serious about skin care and makeup. I've become a regular at Department Store 'Bonus Days', when you buy an item and get a bunch of samples for free! Cosmetics and makeup can be fun, easy and inexpensive if you follow these tips!Your Eyes:1.
Understanding The Dangers Of Tanning Beds
When it comes to getting a tan in a tanning bed, there is much controversy. For starters, people across the country have been building golden tans for several decades.
Whats Up With Botox?
BOTOX® is part of a family of drugs called "botulinum toxins". Specifically, it is the Registered Trademark and brand name for "botulinum toxin type A" which is manufactured by a company called "Allergan".
Beautiful skin care starts with what people notice first. Eyes are what others notice immediately; so start your skin care program eye-to-eye!Here are four major skin care issues related to eye care, work them successfully and look 20 years younger.
Rhinoplasty Before and After - Surgery and Recovery
Now that you have made the decision to undergo rhinoplasty and have prepared for your surgery, the next step is the rhinoplasty surgery itself and the after affects.Rhinoplasty can be performed in the surgeon's office-based facility, an outpatient surgery center, or a hospital.
Create a Spa Retreat at Home!
In today's high-stress world, a visit to a spa can provide a much needed renewal for your mind, body and soul. If you don't have the time and/or money to head to the nearest spa or resort, consider creating your own.
Tanning Bed Lights - The heart of your Tanning Bed !
Much like the way the overwhelming power of the Ferrari emanates from her gentle and supreme engine, the power of the tanning bed lies in the tanning bed lights that make up the heart of the best tanning beds. And the more you know about tanning bed lights, the more you grow to love it, for therein lie the seeds of beautiful bronzed skin! Read on to know more about tanning bed lights or tanning bed bulbs as they are often called and make them work for you in the best possible way.
Preparing for Rhinoplasty Surgery
You've done your research, had several consultations, selected your surgeon and scheduled the surgery. Now what? Following some prudent "rhinoplasty before and after" suggestions can shorten your recovery, help to protect and preserve your health and improve your outcome.
Surgery for the Stars
While plastic surgery might remain for many of us something of a pipe dream, the thing we'd do if we won the lottery, for those in the entertainment industry, it has slowly but surely become akin to an entry pass into Hollywood. While there are still a large percentage of women in the general populace who are quite content to sit around with their girlfriends and talk about what they would have done, there is a certain faction of womankind - though as the pressure to conform to a particular 'look' increases, the male membership of the group increases also - for whom plastic surgery is simply inevitable.
How Sleep Affects Our Skin
Sleep is a "natural, temporary loss of consciousness" (Robinson, 1941) necessary for our bodies to build up energy reserves and regenerate body cells and tissues. During sleep, the heart beats more slowly, breathing becomes slower, growth hormones peak, muscles relax and body temperature lowers.
7 Essential Beauty Tips
BeautyBeauty is defined as the phenomenon of the experience of pleasure, through the perception of balance and proportion of stimulus. It involves the cognition of a balanced form and structure that elicits attraction and appeal towards a host, creature, inanimate object, scene, music, idea, etc.
Get Rid Of All Those Expensive Skin Creams - They Could Be Causing You To Look Older Than You Are!
To drastically improve your skin tone simply add two to three tablespoons of - and this is a long one -"Mediterranean..
|home | site map|